B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
Subject group available
- Physics-Comp. Sci.-Math
About the Subject
Many people are scared of studying physics because it has a reputation as a difficult subject. Specific aspects of physics that many people find daunting include the need to understand different mathematical equation and graph and then be able to translate those concept into real life. Physics is intrinsically challenging and therefore also extremely rewarding when a student understands it.
Physics is the scientific study of the basic principles of the universe, including matter, energy, motion and force, and their interactions. Major topics include classical mechanics, thermodynamics ,light and optics, electromagnetism and relativity is an international enterprise , which plays a key role in the future progress of humankind. The support of physics education and research in all countries is important because.
* Physics is an exciting intellectual adventure that inspires young people and expand the frontiers of our knowledge about nature.
* Physics generates fundamental knowledge needed for the future technology advances that will continue to drive the economic engines of the world.
* Physics contribute to the technological infrastructure and provide trained personnel needed to take advantages of scientific advances and discoveries.
* Physics is an important element in the education of chemist , engineers and computer scientists, as well as practitioners of the other physical and biomedical sciences.
*Physics extends and enhances our understanding of other disciplines, such as the earth, agriculture, chemical, biological and environmental sciences plus astrophysics and cosmology-subjects of substantial importance to all peoples of the world.
*Physics improves our quality of life by providing the basic understanding necessary for developing new instrumentation and technique for medical applications, such as computer tomography, magnetic resonance ,imaging, positron emission tomography, ultrasonic imaging and laser surgery.
For all of these reasons, physics is an essential part of the educational system and of an advanced society.
Masters Programmes :
This department doesn’t carry P.G. Programmes.
Undergraduate Programmes: B.Sc.
This departments of physics offer a three year B.Sc. degree programme in several areas such as Material Science ,Solid state physics, Stastical mechanics, Quantum mechanics, properties of matter ,thermodynamics, nuclear and molecular physics , laser, nanotechnology ,superconductivity etc.
The admission of local candidates are first come basis, the advertisement is put up print media. The first semester starts around the beginning of July.
- Collaboration among faculty and students.
- Healthy teacher - student relation
- Well educated, well experienced faculty.
Students with good academic rank or percentage prefer technical subjects such as computer science. So the students admitted to this department are either slow learner or low meritorious.
Students are encouraged to take up higher studies along with necessary help is provided for taking admission. Proper counseling is made for them.
Most of the Students belong to villages and from farmer’s families; therefore regularity of students is satisfactory, not the best. It affects their studies. To overcome on this problem is a challenge. To develop punctuality in them is also a challenge.
* Future Plan
- To get recognition as Research Laboratory through university. Thus increase research activity in department.
- To organize National level conference on recent trends in research
Courses in Semester I
Mechanics and properties of matter, waves and oscillations
Courses in Semester II
Kinetic theory of gases, Thermodynamics and Electric Circuits
Courses in Semester III
Solis state physics, mathematical background and Electrostatics. Magneto statics and Maxwell’s equation, Special theory of relativity, Atmosphere and Geo-physics
Courses in Semester IV
Geometrical optics and interference , Diffraction, polarization, laser, fiber optics , renewable energy sources.
Courses in Semester V
Quantum mechanics, Atomic and molecular spectroscopy, Nuclear physics, Hybrid parameter, Feedback amplifier.
Courses in Semester VI
Stastical mechanics, Crystallography, Electrical properties of materials, Magnetic properties, Superconductivity and Nano materials and Technology
No special research facility is available for UG students.
As a part of curriculum projects topic were search by the students in particular awarded topics.
CRO , Astronomical Telescope , Telescope , Travelling Microscope , Half-Shade Polari meter , Spectroscope , Spot Galvanometer , AFO , Fly wheel , Maxwell’s Needle , Torsional Pendulum , Kater’s Pendulum , Potentiometer , Sonometer , Meter bridge , e/m Thomson method apparatus , Carry foster bridge apparatus , Photo cell , Charts.
- (under GDA grants by UGC)
- To Study Brewster’s and Malu’s Law Apparatus
- Four Probe Method apparatus
- Plank’ Constants by Using LED
*Dark room is also available for Special Experiments*